OD (That would be overdue) Day 1: No Sprout Yet
Sorry to keep you waiting in suspense...I'm not a 5% - er. :) Still no sprout.
We had our OB appointment today and he's still not seeming very interested in greeting his adoring fans - no dilation, no effacement. Nothing, zilch, nada, rien, as ususal. Lucky for you (and me!), a world premier date has been scheduled (that would be an induction date) so our wait is not indefinite. By the end of the day on Saturday, the world's population is increasing by one little boy...
Yep. After all that talk of inducing so that Mark's test wouldn't be interupted and then deciding that we were going to take our chances and go for the surprise factor, we still may end up inducing. I say may because the little guy could still decide to come out on his own, of course...
Friday, May 25 at 8 p.m. I go in for a little somethin' somethin' to get the process started. If all goes well, the doctor plans to let things go on their own from there rather than juicing me up with pitocin (he prefers not to use it if he doesn't have to!). From there it takes between 3 and 12 hours for labor to get underway...so it could be a very long night my friends...a very long night indeed. At least the end result should be well worth it!
Until tomorrow's update (assuming we don't get some sort of surprise tonight)...

1 comment:
I will keep my fingers crossed that you won't need that induction date, although doesn't it feel nice to know that he will definitely be here by the weekend! I must admit, I did have pitocin (although a very slow drip since I was already effaced and dilating) and I was able to labor without an epidural. Don't be afraid--you can do it!
Post a Comment