Buddah Shots - Part II
Well, it looks like I'm pretty far behind on the belly shots thing (I blame it on tax season) so I'm sitting down right this minute to catch myself up. :) Following that, we'll do our typical update...
Without further a-do - March 10, 2007 (I would have been at the tail end of week 30):
It's amazing how what you wear can change how slim you look...something I learned way back when I was overweight as a kid. And, if you don't believe me, look at that belly again and then look at this picture which was taken at the beginning of week 32 on March 27, 2007:
And now we have a picture of the belly sans clothing...taken today.
As I've mentioned, my belly is pretty small compared to a lot of people who are 8 months pregnant! And, I suppose that's why people look at me with a look of surprise (and on occasion worry) when they find out just how far along I am. I figure I still have plenty of time to "blossom" as my dear friend Jenny described it. I will try, now that tax season is winding up (2 more weeks to go folks!) to be a bit better about posting pictures that show my progress....
Aside from belly shots, we actually do have some things to speak of here in Roccoland. For one, little sprout is just kicking up a storm right this very moment. Apparently he's very excited that I'm chatting to all his adoring fans. ;) He definitely is one active little boy. I've started telling people that he's destined to be either a soccer or a dance star. The Rockettes have nothing on him!
All that aside, though, we did have an appointment with the OB this week as I mentioned we would. We heard his little ticker beating away as usual and the doctor did our strep B test. I'm now back to less modesty in the doctor's office for the rest of our little visits. Joy. :)
So, we discussed with the doctor what the latest I could stay at work because after looking into the financial situation, I would just feel better if I could stay as long as possible. In the doctor's opinion, I am good to go until my due date or, if earlier, the day I deliver. That gave me a good boost of confidence because it obviously means he's pleased with how the pregnancy has gone so far and doesn't forsee any problems. That is always a plus! So, that's the plan - I'll stay in the office as long as I possibly can (and hopefully I won't go into labor there - wouldn't they love that?!?) and then I'll be able to stay out with baby longer...which is when I am really going to want to be home anyhow!
As for other activities around here, we were busy today with lots of errands and we also were able to sell Mark's mountain bike which is great - one less piece of equipment to take care of and a little extra $$ to add to the kitty for the tandem bike we're hoping to get at some point so that Mark can go riding again with me at the helm (which is, in some respects a scary proposition!).
Errands-wise, we went to Babies R Us for our weekly "get a few things at a time" drill. This week's acquisitions included a Diaper Genie II which we're hopeful will keep our house smelling decent when we have lots of diapers running around. We also actually bought our first box of diapers - the book we've relied on for insight suggested 100 newborn size and 400 size 1s were a good start to have in your arsenal. We ended up going with Pampers Swaddlers for our newborn diapers (which are the only ones we bought today) because they have aloe in them for soothing instead of some other "stuff" which we'd never heard of before.
We also picked up a monitor so we can keep tabs on baby when he's snoozing and we're in a different room. After contemplating many bells and whistles models, we decided to go for a simple sounds and lights monitor that was recommended by, you guessed it, the book. ;)
Aside from this type of stuff, we also bought some fun articles of clothing that little sprout is going to just be so adorable in....primarily hats. We got one that looks like a little dog with blue corduroy ears and another cute little hat and slipper set that looks like a little bear with ears....too cute, I assure you. The last couple of knit hats we got were rather plain and chosen more for their utility...they're still cute though. We also got a cute little swimwear cap with fishies on it that we found amusing. Perhaps the best article of clothing we found today (at least in my opinion) is this bib:
Isn't it just perfect for little sprout given what I've amused myself with during most of his time in my tummy? I simply couldn't resist it. And, I also can't stop giggling about it because seirously, I find it just too funny. But then, I am a tax accountant and I guess it's to be expected that I would find a bib declaring my offspring a tax deduction too funny. Lucky for our little sprout that I see him as more than just a way to decrease our tax liability. Speaking of which, our personal tax season is over - the returns are in, the refunds have been received and life is good! :)
The only other thing we did today is that I ordered our diaper bags (one large and one small) from Land's End. After much contemplation, I decided I liked the baby blue/black combo better than the mint green/black combo. So, that's what we have on the way. We used a gift card we were able to get from our Discover cash back bonus to buy these so we have two very nice and useful bags on the way for an outlay of $10. :) Not too shabby.
Well, with that we probably have covered all there is to cover as far as what we've been up to goes. Tomorrow Mark starts his next quarter at school which should result in his being extremely busy with 33 credits and I will continue plugging along on the tax returns assigned to me.
There's only one final observation to make then - as of today there are only 50 more days to go until little sprout comes out to play. As I've said many times before, wow! It's hard to believe!

2 comments:
That bib is a hoot!! Love it!! Even us non-professional tax enthusiasts get a kick out of it!
Glad you are still sailing smoothly.... it won't be long now!
You are looking fantastic and I just love that bib!! It is smart to pick up stuff a little each week--makes it more affordable. We decided to go with the diaper champ as opposed to the genie because it doesn't use special refills-but I think as long as it keeps the stink down, that is a good thing! I am also planning on cloth diapering, so I think the diaper genie doesn't work well for that purpose.
Get used to all those kicks--trust me--they get stronger the further you go! I didn't think my girl could kick harder--she has since proven me wrong!
Post a Comment