The Rockin' Rocco Family!: Five Bits of Food Do Not a Meal Make

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Five Bits of Food Do Not a Meal Make

Unless you're pregnant apparently. Yes, I know, the statement defies all logic, but it is true. I haven't had a meal that I actually *ate* an adult-size portion in what seems like forever. It's actually only been a couple of weeks, but it is definitely already old...especially since we cook dinner every night and I can barely eat it. I'm not a big fan of leftovers but that's basically how I get to have dinner...as lunch the next day.

So that's one of the latest developments as far as our pregnancy goes. Otherwise, we hit 32 weeks on Monday of this week which means we're cruising in our 8th month now. Can you say wow? Time has really flown. And, despite the fact that it is still small compared to most of my pregnant friends' bellies at this stage, my belly has grown quite a bit as well. I need to get the latest picture up soon...

We've acquired more baby stuff over the past week or so including a mattress some additional cute outfits that I couldn't resist - my favorite is a little shorts set with a cute little crab and sheets and other bedding stuff. I also got a nursing video which was helpful. I'm just not sure how all that is going to work out...my "girls" are admittedly quite small still. I never even had to get a maternity bra (yes, I realize this is more info than you wanted - sorry, I'll stop). At any rate, I figure babies and breasts were pretty much made for each other so little sprout and I will figure it out.

Mark is on break this week though he still spends a lot of time at the clinic. He's going to be a very busy guy this next quarter as he's trying to get as many classes in as possible so that we can avoid daycare once I return to work after my maternity leave. It looks like I won't be leaving for that until about a week before my due date or our induction date (we're still contemplating whether to go this route or not) because I want us to not have to worry about our financial status while I'm away. I do receive some state benefits while on my leave, but they're not nearly as good as that salary I can earn when I'm at the office. At any rate, it looks like I'll probably be back at work by August 20...

Other than that, we have our next OB appointment tomorrow morning. I believe this is the beginning of the "less modest" visits that we moms-to-be enjoy. I can't say that I'm looking forward to that, but I guess it's just part of the deal...and so I'll deal. :) I don't really expect any real earth shattering news to come from this visit - it's still a bit early for anything "exciting" to be happening so there may not be an update afterwards. We shall see! What I can offer those of you who are privvy to the logon particulars for the sprout's special site is that there is a new poll up that is a little more on the light-hearted, fun side of things. The plan is that I'll be introducing a new poll each week (or two or three or whenever I get around to changing it!) to just see how well the masses can predict our little guy's movements as we get closer and closer to his joining us outside of the womb. This week's topic - what day of the week do you think he'll arrive? I can't wait to see the responses!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

O MeLissa, it just gets worse! I swear all I do is graze all day. A snack here, a bite there and never a real meal. Sometimes I get ambitious and try to eat a normal dinner and I either just give up a few bites into it or I get really upset from trying to eat too much!

Luckily there is only a few more weeks to go! Hey, when can we see that blossoming belly? If mine is hanging out there, so should yours! ;-)